Saturday, October 11, 2008

Reflection..

Working as a team is a matter of compromising and contributing, each doing his or her part while learning from others. I have had a great time working with my 2 wonderful teammates- Sea Ming and Baoqing.

Given the tight and busy schedule, coming up with a report in such a short time is not an easy task (same goes for the rest of the groups). In addition, with both my teammates in their final year, busy with their Final Year Project and thesis papers, having meetings outside class is almost impossible. We had to make do with the time given during class and make the best out of it. Tasks were well-distributed among the three of us. Clear roles and job scopes were ensured at the end of each meeting. Thanks to the advanced in IT technology, having this thing called “Email”, communication among the three of us has become much easier, resolving the need to meet outside class. Furthermore, with all the tests and projects for other modules, mutual understandings and compromising were required. At times, help was received from other members in the team, covering the job of one, when that person was too busy meeting other deadlines of other projects.

It was a great experience working with my teammates, learning different skills from them. For example, I have learnt more of the Microsoft words and excel skills from Sea Ming and analytical skills from Baoqing. I guess the only bad experience in this research project was all the never-ending editing and writings in the report. Nevertheless, the report is now ready to be submitted and we can take a short breather after submission.

Really a big, big thank you to you guys (Sea Ming and Baoqing), for all the hard work and patience!

5 comments:

Brad Blackstone said...

Thank you, Xiao Tong, for making the best of a tough situation. I know that you guys all worked very hard on this. I have been very impressed by your level of commitment and the sense of ease that you each demonstrated in the midst of your collaboration.

I look forward to seeing the report. Cheers!

Tan Zhenyun said...

Hi Xiao Tong,

I agree that the whole report is kind of rush since we were only given 1 month to finish it. And that includes minute writing, coming up with the survey, survey analysis and doing the whole report. I guess, everyone really deserve a pat on their shoulder. =) It's quite an achievement that everyone can finish it on time. YEAH!! =)

I'm glad that you had learned a lot from both Bao Qing and Sea Ming also. I supposed that's the biggest advantage in doing a group project.

Cheers..

sea ming said...

Thank you Xiao Tong for your comments!! I really enjoyed having you in the same group. You are friendly with us and yet very efficient in doing our group work. Hope you can apply what you learn in this module to your report writing and your future career. Let's work well for our presentation!

tom said...

That's great xt, glad that you learned a lot. I too learned from Michelle and Carolyn as well!
Thinking back, if we decided to stick to our original group, I wonder if we would learn this much things and experience. I think we might not, we made a rather good decision to split up! Anyway, let's jiayou for the upcoming resume, application letter and everything else!

Baoqing said...

Hi Xiao Tong,
This is a bit of a very very late comment. I am trying to avoid relying too much upon computers. But i really do want to express my thank to you personally. I am very fortunate to have you as my group mate, as well as peer editor for the resume. It is one of the best experiences in my entire four-year-university life. I learned a lot from you and seaming. thanks Xiao Tong:)