Saturday, October 18, 2008

ME..

I was born in Hong Kong, a country which majority of its people uses Cantonese. Having stayed there for 7 years before moving over to Singapore, I had mastered the art of the language and that made me trilingual. Or rather it should be quad-lingual now since I am taking Japanese lesson in NUS. I have always believed in learning things beyond one’s field of study and experimenting new things. My journey through the university years has inculcated good planning and time management skills in me. In addition, my cheerful and easy-going characters have allowed me to widen my social circle and made me a good team player. I strongly believed that the skills that I have acquired from all my experiences will be applicable when I enter the workforce, be it research laboratory or office administrative work.

5 comments:

sea ming said...

Hi Xiaotong!

Your post is very coherent and yet complete. In a short post, you have stated your language skills, major, ideologies in learning and your interpersonal chacater. Good job!

Carolyn said...

wow, your post is really concise. It is an advantage for you if you go back to Hong Kong to work as you know four languages. I suppose not many people there speak very good mandarin and English?
Are you going to work in Singapore or Hong Kong?

XiaoTong said...

Hi Carolyn and Sea Ming,
Thanks for your comments.

Carolyn, I guess I'll be staying and working in Singapore as I am for familiar with the place here. Hong Kong seems to be a foreign country to me now.

Alvin Tay said...

Hi Xiaotong,

I think practical experiences are more important than theory-based knowledge. Our degrees would be useful only for our first job. Our experience would be a more important factor when we apply for our second job.

Brad Blackstone said...

Thanks, Xiaotong, for this concise autobiographical effort. I also appreciate the fact that your university "journey" allowed our paths to cross. I do hope the experience (skill development and otherwise) has been as fruitful for you as it has been for me.

Best of luck in your future!