Saturday, November 8, 2008

At Last!

In my first post, I talked about learning how to reach out to new people effectively. Looking back at the past 12 weeks of this module, I feel that I have applied this skill relatively well, making many new friends. I feel that I’ve learnt more than what I had expected. Effective communication is more than just verbal communication and interpersonal interactions as I had thought before taking this module. The non-verbals and writings are equally important.

All these blog entries, writings, presentation and interactions had definitely equipped me with the relevant skills to prepare me for the future. The 7Cs and non-verbal communications will be useful in both writings and speech. Not only so, the part on resume, cover letter and job interview had gave me a greater insight and understanding on how to gain myself an advantage when seeking for a job in future. It had also reviewed the reasons for my past interview failure of job interviews.

I had really enjoyed this module, and would like to extend my gratitude to each and every of us and Brad, for making this class so fun and enjoyable. I really have to say that this 1009 bid points is worth it. Thank you, everyone!

7 comments:

Sharon said...

Yes it has been worth the effort. I still have much to improve in terms of handling interviews. My interview experience has been poor so far and I'm not confident of responding well to interviewers. I should go practice and prepare instead of worrying!

sea ming said...

Thank you Xiao Tong, my groupmate! It is fun having you around =) I have put in a lot of bid points for this module, and I thought it is worth it too! Seriously speaking, seeing so many friends applying for jobs, we are having much more practice on job searching. This will definitely help. Good luck yo! We shall meet again =)

Danny Wong said...

Hi Hiu Tung,

I believed all of us will have no qualms about this module and will give two thumbs up for Brad.

I agree with you that he makes "the class so fun and enjoyable".

I believe Brad have been receiving too much flattery from us in the final group.

Hope that he is still firmly grounded and not on wonderland.

Haha...

Cheers,
Danny.

Weili said...

This module has definitely been quite fun for me, thanks to you guys and Brad. However, I believe I only bidded 1 point for this...

XiaoTong said...

Hi Sharon,

During the mock interview, I feel that you had actually did a good job in it (as not much preparation time ws given to you). I believe that you'll be able to handle your actually interview well in future.

Carolyn said...

Wow, 1009 points. I did not know it was that high for science students.Definitely, I agree with you that we have learnt a lot of formal writing skills, formal presentation skills and personal interaction through blogging. It's great to be in this class.

Brad Blackstone said...

Thank you, Xiao Tung, for this complimentary final post. I certainly do think you were able "reach out" to people in the class; you showed lots of skill in engaging people, with your words and your warmth.

I'm glad you found the class worth the bidding points.
I hope some of what we studied serves you well in the future! I'm sure that those 'Cs will come in handy!

Best of luck, girl, in all that you do!